Thursday, October 13, 2011

New Thyroid Medicine: Tirosint


I went to the doctor this week. My T3 and T4 levels were in the low normal range, but my TSH wasn't right. Not to mention I have had difficulty losing weight, hair loss, and mind numbing fatigue. So, she put me on a higher dosage of levothyroxine and prescribed a different brand: Tirosint. It is thyroid medicine in gelcap form. My doctor said that the this medicine is easier for the body to break down and convert into the proper hormones.

It is a new medicine. I went to their website and printed a voucher that gives me my first prescription free. Anyone can use it, as long as a doctor wrote you a prescription. Go to Tirosint's website.

Go to drugs.com to see the FDA's official information about Tirosint.

Since it is brand name only, my health insurance won't cover it. Its price ranges from twenty to thirty U.S. dollars for 28 pills. I will see if the price is worth it.

1 comment:

  1. All the information here is collected from the internet, and it might be out of date or inaccurate, so please use your judgement and adhere to your hospital's protocols. If you do notice any errors or omissions please comment so we can put them right!sildenafil 25 mg

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts